Each year, Erlanger selects a group of children patients to represent the Children's Hospital at Erlanger for the upcoming year. These children, known as Miracle Children, were announced yesterday during the annual tree lighting event at the downtown Erlanger campus.
The Children's Hospital Foundation kicks off the holiday season with this event each year, along with music, arts and crafts, and a Santa visit.
This year's 19 chosen children will represent Erlanger as part of the Children's Miracle Network. Click here to read about last year's nine honorees.
The 2014 Miracle Children, their ages (when known), diseases and hometowns are listed below:
• Destiny Kilgore, 16, acute lymphoblastic leukemia, Dunlap
• Haylee Miller, 4, chromosome B deletion and failure to thrive, Chattanooga
• Violet Thornburgh, 1, Kawasaki disease, Ooltewah
• Conner Pullen, cyanosis, Trenton
• Ian Hughes, 2, Down syndrome and short gut syndrome, Ooltewah
• Nery Coronel, Apert syndrome, Chattanooga
• Christy Le, 17, T cell lymphoblastic lymphoma, Dayton
• Bella Reid, 1, germ cell tumor, Tunnel Hill
• Shealeigh Brewer, 12, Ewing's sarcoma, Riceville
• Alainey Charles, 4, Wilms' tumor, Chattanooga
• Charlie Buffat, 1, prematurity at 26 weeks' gestation, Chickamauga
• Mia Geer, 1, prematurity at 25 weeks' gestation (in hospital 168 days), Chattanooga
• Taylor Mitchell, 2, prematurity at 24 weeks' gestation, Chattanooga
• Josiah Lopez, 2, prematurity at 25 weeks' gestation (in hospital 98 days), Ooltewah
• Arianna Lopez, 1, prematurity at 23 weeks' gestation (in hospital 149 days), Ooltewah
• Daniel Cordel, genetic disorder and a trach, Lafayette
• Zach Barton, 14, intestinal pseudo-obstruction and severe anemia, Lafayette
• Joel Westbrook; 7; spina bifida, hydrocephalus, Chiari malformation and VP shunt; Rossville
• PJ Fox; 3; sickle cell, eosinophilic esophagitis, asthma and food allergies; Chattanooga
Sign up for our email list to get your morning news delivered directly to your inbox. All we need is your email address.